ATV, Star Edition
Credits go out to Topper and Pete. For updating the ruleset for season 2 of Blood Bowl.
ATV (all team viable) rules 2022 is made to support the new season 2 of our beloved game. Together with the update, we have also tried to simplify the rules.
We play by the official second season rules and recommendations following “Rules for NAF Tournaments 2022” – including the one extra race (Slann):
All the Races & Starplayers can be found here:
The tournament is a resurrection and no progression tournament, so every game is played with the roster you create before the tournament starts.
Every team gets 1,100,000 GPs to spend in accordance with the standard rules for creating a blood bowl roster.
Any inducements bought are added permanently to your roster and bought from the teams Gold Pieces (GPs).
A roster with a minimum of 11 players can purchase star player access for various SPP cost. In the case that star player access has been purchased, you can not convert any SPP to gold. All star players released for Season 2 are allowed.
In case two coaches have the same starplayer, none of them will play.
Assistant coaches, Bribes, Cheerleaders, Halfling Master Chef, Mortuary assistant, Plague doctor and Weather mage are allowed.
Teams with the Bribery and corruption rules: Black Orcs, Goblins, Snotlings and Underworld purchase bribes at a prize of 50.000 gp.
A team with the Sneaky Git skill, can not also hire a Bribe.
Teams with the Halfling thimble cup rules: Halflings can purchase a Halfling master chef at a prize of 100.000 gp.
Skills and tier bonuses
All teams get Star player points (SPP) to purchase skills
A chosen Primary skill can be given to a rookie player for 6 SPP.
A chosen Secondary skill can be given to a rookie player for 12 SPP.
A player that has already been given one Skill, can be given a second Skill in the form of:
- a chosen Primary Skill for another 8 SPP.
- or a chosen Secondary Skill for another 14 SPP.
- No player can be given more than two extra skills.
SPP for Gold
If you do not have any star players, it is possible to convert up to 12 SPPs into GPs used for team creation or inducements.
Exchange rate is 3 SPPs for 20.000 GPs.
Examples and clarification
- Picking Guard on a Longbeard as a Primary skill costs you 6 SPPs.
- You may then pick a second skill on the Longbeard you already gave Guard. This could be Stand Firm as a second Primary skill for the price of another 8 SPPs, for a total of 14 SPPs.
- Or you could pick Side step as a Secondary skill 14 SPPs for a total of 20 SPPs.
- You might pick Block on an Ogre as a Secondary skill for 12 SPPs.
- You may then pick Frenzy as another Secondary skill on the Ogre you already gave Block – for the price of another 14 SPPs, for a total of 26 SPPs.
Tier 0 – 36 SPPs
- Chaos Dwarf, Dark Elves, Dwarves, Norse, Shambling Undead, Underworld Denizens, Wood Elves
Tier 1 – 42 SPPs
- Amazon (Spike 15), Lizardmen, Necromantic, Orcs
Tier 2 – 48SPPs
- Chaos Renegades, Human, Khorne
Tier 3 – 54 SPPs
- Chaos Chosen, Elven Union, Imperial nobility, Khemri Tomb Kings, Old World Alliance, Skaven
Tier 4 – 60 SPPs
- Black Orc, High Elves, Nurgle, Slann, Vampires
Tier 5 – 66 SPPs
- Goblins, Halflings, Ogres, Snotling
Legendary Stars 36 SPP
|Griff Oberwald||Morg ‘n’ Thorg|
Super Stars 30 SPP
Prominent Stars 24 SPP
|Glart Smashrip||Wilhelm Chaney|
|Hakflem Skuttlespike||Ivar Eriksson|
|Kreek ‘The Verminator’ Rustgouger||Estelle la Veneaux|
Stars 18 SPP
All not in other categories
Part Timers 6 SPP
|Akhorne the Squirrel||Skrull Halfheight|
|Grim Ironjaw||Willow Rosebark|
|Rumbelow Sheepskin||Gretchen Wächter|
|Grak & Crumbleberry||Scyla Anfingrimm|
Variations (Optional rules)
If the tournament organizer decides to do so, the following options can be added without upsetting the game balance too much.
Allow some or all of the following inducements (From the Core rule book)
- First cheerleader can be purchased for 5k.
- No restrictions on bribe
- Riotous rookies
- Biased referee
- Bloodweiser kegs
- (In)famous coaching staff